My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 11 March 2017

Handmade LED Fairy Jars


















Hey everyone, I hope you are well :) I was thinking of ideas for presents when this idea popped in my brain. You must all know how much I love LED lighting from my older projects but as time passes they get even better! Smaller and much easier to make with :)

I saw a plain set of jars in a store for a reasonable price so I thought I would try to make my own LED fairy jars to give as presents for christmas!
























I bought some LED fairy lights on wire with a small watch battery online and thought I would pair them if I could work out how to decorate the glass.

Anyway after considering it for a while I remembered my stash of Adirondack inks I have and rarely use. They are fantastic because they 'stick' to all kinds of surfaces-one of which is glass!












































I loaded the felt with the chosen colours and repeatedly stamped over the glass until I was happy with the colouring. When the inks were dry I then got out my Sparkle Mod Podge and gave the jar two coats of sparkly varnish. You cant see the sparkly finish well in photos but when you are next to the glass the glitter shines giving an added dimension to the jar. Then lastly I placed the LED fairy lights inside and 'Tada!'

I tried to make it look pretty even in the day time when you wouldn't have the lights illuminating the glass.


























Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

1 comment:

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...